TOWN OF EMMET, Wis. - Officials have identified the driver killed in a crash Friday night when the car overturned and became engulfed in flames.
Patrick J. Clark, 56, of Oconomowoc, was driving a Mercedes Benz E east on County Road MM around 10 p.m. when the car started to slide while negotiating a curve, according to a release. The car struck a culvert, entered a ditch and became engulfed in flames after landing upside down.
A passerby attempted to help the driver out of the vehicle but was unsuccessful after flames engulfed the vehicle, the release said.
Clark was pronounced dead at the scene by the Dodge County Medical Examiner's Office, according to the release.
Officials said there were no other passengers in the vehicle.
The crash remain under investigation.
- School District of Reedsburg breaks ground on new elementary school
- MMSD announces two new community schools after receiving $1.1 million grant
- Brat Fest beefs up security in light of last year's problems
- 'Added concern': Fitchburg neighbors worry with sex offender moving in near Seminole Pool
- Man who sexually assaulted UW student to be placed in Fitchburg apartment
- What's next? Water Utility Board plans for next steps after $6 million deficit