The Dane County Sheriff's Office confirmed to News 3 Monday that it is investigating a sexting case involving Monona Grove High School students.
Investigators have asked Snapchat for records in the case, according to court documents.
Documents show a female student sent nude photos to two male students. The female student has since gotten messages from unidentified Snapchat users threatening to "leak" images of her if she didn't send more naked pictures.
A sheriff's deputy said she was with the female student when she got one of the messages.
News 3 spoke to Monona Grove school district superintendent Dan Olson. Olson said he was not aware of the situation because it didn't happen on campus.
Stay with Channel3000.com as we continue to follow this developing story.
4 vehicles involved in fatal crash, officials say
Multiple fire departments responding to structure fire in Springdale
- 4 vehicles involved in fatal crash, officials say
- Multiple fire departments responding to structure fire in Springdale
- Doctors see more flu cases as Wisconsin experiences severe outbreak
- Gander Mountain Janesville will re-open Saturday
- Verona High School honors former student with scholarship
- Radioactive isotope used to detect the spread of cancer will soon be manufactured in Janesville