TOWN OF WESTPORT, Wis. - Detectives investigating a fatal hit-and-run crash Saturday night are looking for anyone who saw the suspect vehicle late Saturday or early Sunday.
The Dane County Sheriff's Office said a 30-year-old man was struck before midnight Saturday on Highway 113 and County Road M in the town of Westport. The man, whom family identified as Curtis Bonds, died.
The sheriff's office on Tuesday released an image of the car believed to have struck Bonds and asked the public to contact police if they spotted the vehicle between 11:30 p.m. Saturday and 3:30 a.m. Sunday.
The car is a gold 2003 Chevrolet Impala and would have damage to the front driver's side. Anyone who has information about seeing the car or about the case is asked to call the tip line at 608-284-6900.
Officials said Monday that a person of interest was taken into custody on an unrelated probation hold and hasn't been charged in the case.
The sheriff's office said the crash investigation is still in its early stages, and even small tips can be crucial to making an arrest.
2 vehicles collide, close Highway 16 Saturday morning, officials say
Sheriff: Driver appeared to deliberately try to hit deputy while officials responded to crash
- 2 vehicles collide, close Highway 16 Saturday morning, officials say
- Sheriff: Driver appeared to deliberately try to hit deputy while officials responded to crash
- No new DA office prosecutors for Dane County despite shortage
- Students discuss school security concerns
- Teacher, firearms instructor agree arming teachers is not the way to prevent school shootings
- Madison software company creates safety technology for school districts