TOWN OF BLOOMING GROVE, Wis. - Fair Oaks Avenue is closed Monday morning between Chicago and Webb avenues as a result of a crash overnight.
The Dane County Sheriff's Office said it happened just after 12 a.m. Monday when a deputy was conducting a traffic stop in the town of Blooming Grove.
Officials said when the deputy attempted to make contact with the driver, the driver fled the scene in a 2004 GMC Envoy and crashed into a utility pole nearby.
The driver then fled the vehicle on foot and has not been located at this time, according to the release.
As a result of the crash, the utility pole snapped in half and exposed live wires at the scene.
Officials expect the road to be closed at least until 7 a.m. Monday.
Anyone with information regarding the driver is asked to call the Dane County Sheriff's Office at 608-266-4948.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Pi Mile helps Madison East math students
- Suspected drunken driver hits Janesville squad car, rolls truck into intersection
- Stormy Memorial Day, shower chance for much of the week
- 87-year-old man robbed, has wallet stolen
- Person killed in Rock County water rescue a 14-year-old girl, State Patrol says
- Woman charged with OWI, spitting in eyes of officers