TOWN OF WESTFORD, Wis. - A 52-year-old man was pronounced dead after law enforcement officers found a truck in Beaver Dam Lake Monday morning, officials with the Dodge County Sheriff's Office said.
The Sheriff's Office responded to the incident on Monday around 6:45 a.m. at the Hickory Point Road boat launch, according to a press release.
Preliminary investigation shows that a Dodge pickup truck was in the water about 20 yards from the shore. Fond du Lac County Sheriff's Office dive team searched the water near the vehicle and found no other victims.
The man was pronounced dead by the Dodge County Medical Examiner. Officials are not releasing the name of the man at this time. The investigation is ongoing, according to the release.
- 'There's no feeling': Madison residents, business owners frustrated by flooding unknowns
- Madison Metropolitan Sewerage District documents 6 sanitary overflow locations
- Middleton Good Neighbor Festival still on despite heavy flooding in area
- Portion of Lakeshore Path closed due to flooding
- Sun Prairie football to honor first responders
- Water rescues complete in Mazomanie, 100 residents sheltered at fire station