Police in Illinois were called on to help a furry, four-legged friend who found himself in a bind.
Officer K. Vaughn, of the City of Zion Police Department, received a call because a raccoon had been eating a little too well and was caught on a sewer grate.
After police and animal control were not able to remove the animal, the Zion Public Works Department was able to free him.
The raccoon was fine after his ordeal, authorities said.
- MPD: Shots fired at PDQ on Raymond Road
- More chemicals found in garage, EPA called for cleanup at Madison apartment
- Floodwaters cover Main Street in Darlington
- UW announces news anchor David Muir will be the spring commencement speaker
- Construction crew cuts Charter fiber, causes outages
- Cook pleads guilty to 5 of 23 charges in serial sex assaults case