(CNN) - Mourners at a German funeral were accidentally served a drug-laced cake, police said.
After a funeral in Rostock, attendees convened at a restaurant to indulge in some cake -- one of which contained hashish, a potent drug made from the resin of cannabis plants, Rostock police spokesman Christopher Hahn told CNN.
Grief gave way to nausea and dizziness, and 13 of the guests fell ill shortly after unknowingly ingesting the drug. Their symptoms sent several of them to the ER, including one guest whisked away in an ambulance, Hahn said.
The baker was revealed to be a restaurant employee's 18-year-old daughter. She regularly baked cakes for events there, Hahn said, and her mother accidentally brought in the frozen hash cake along with several other drug-free ones in the family's fridge.
"She had baked it with another event in mind," Hahn said.
Rostock police are investigating the 18-year-old for negligence, bodily harm against 13 people, disturbance of a funeral and a violation of Germany's Narcotics Act, which deems cannabis use illegal without a prescription.
- Local clinic seeking participants for study on how psychedelic drug treats depression
- Car involved in east side shooting incident found in Sun Prairie
- Vandals wreck Christmas lights display, cause $3,000 in damage
- One more mild spell this weekend, then much colder next week with snow chances
- Prairie du Sac man given months to live asking for as many Christmas cards as possible
- Being a bully in this Rock County school District could now earn you a citation of up to $500