Firefighters in England were tasked with the hour-long rescue of a man who cemented his head inside of a microwave.
The Guardian reports the 22-year-old man and a group of his friends were intending to use the microwave as a mold. After the man became stuck, his friends created an air tube to help him breathe.
The man's friends told authorities they had already been trying to free him for 90 minutes before they arrived.
"As funny as this sounds, this young man could quite easily have suffocated of have been seriously injured. Taking the microwave apart was tricky, because a lot of it was welded," Watch Commander Shaun Dakin said.
"We video-called our technical rescue colleagues for advice and eventually managed to get him unstuck."
Dakin went on to say the man was very relieved when officials began removing the microwave.
- Janesville bar owner buys robot from former GM assembly plant
- Environmental groups oppose Enbridge ruling
- Sheriff: Wisconsin man shot in Minnesota dies
- Sun Prairie assisted living facility fined, issued four new violations
- Sun Prairie police search for missing 16-year-old girl
- Beloit parks division to plant terrace trees in select residents' yards for Arbor Day