A Chinese man who was suffering from a severe headache ended up having a live gecko removed from his ear.
The Huffington Post reports the man went to the hospital with severe pain and told doctors he could feel something moving inside of his ear. Upon searching, doctors saw a small gecko in the man's ear canal. They anesthetized the reptile to prevent it from crawling further into the man's head, then pulled the gecko out with pliers.
Upon retrieving the gecko, doctors discovered it was missing its tail. After a thorough search, they determined it lost its tail before it entered the man's ear.
- Police pepper spray man about to stomp on man during fight, officials say
- Alliant shuts off some utilities in Rock County because of flooding
- Ian's Pizza donates almost $2K to humane society thanks to puppy chow sales
- Wausau police identify homicide victim
- Armed man robs group of people on far west side, police say
- Man walking along highway robbed at knife-point, police say