MADISON, Wis. - For the fourth time in two weeks, significant snowfall is having an effect on the morning commute.
Two crashes blocking lanes of traffic have already been reported by the Department of Transportation.
Highway 151 NB was down to one lane at Bristol Street in Sun Prairie following a crash that blocked the left lane for more than an hour.
151 NB at Bristol St is down to one lane due to a vehicle crash. Drive carefully and avoid area if possible.— Sun Prairie PD (@sunprairiepd) November 11, 2019
Crews have since been able to open that lane back up in time for the morning commute.
Rock County will likely see more of an impact on the morning commute with higher snow totals overnight. The DOT says I-39 SB at Mile Marker 187 in Beloit also hada lane blocked due to a crash. That lane closure lasted for approximately two and a half hours.
To the west of Rock County, officials in Green County say they have responded to multiple reports of cars sliding off the road.
Watch News 3 Now This Morning for the latest road conditions through the morning commute.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Madison home struck with BBs multiple times; victim believes family member targeted
Madison police looking for people who crashed stolen SUV
- Madison police looking for people who crashed stolen SUV
- Rock 'n' roll concert raises about $80,000 for epilepsy research, respite care
- UW regents approve 2% pay raises for chancellors
- 3 Madison residents charged with related gun crimes
- Search continues for Beloit teenager gone missing in November - police have no confirmed sightings
- Granddaughter of murder victim raises money to help other families of crime victims