MADISON, Wis. - Second Harvest Foodbank of Southern Wisconsin announced it has received a $3,000 grant to fund a Beloit school food pantry.
According to a news release, the grant comes from The Stateline Community Foundation's Community Impact Grant Program.
The Merrill Elementary School Pantry was launched in 2015 by Caritas Food Pantry, Merrill Elementary, the School District of Beloit and Second Harvest Foodbank.
The release said the pantry is all year for students' families, as well as students and families from other area schools.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Madison officers pepper-spray man who threatens bus driver, police
- Complaint: Reedsburg man charged with showing girls sexual video
- Woman says someone destroyed her American, Trump flag; spray-painted home on Veterans Day
- LIVE: Multiple people hurt in Southern California high school shooting
- Deputy charged with misconduct, marijuana possession
- DNA on discarded cigarette leads to homicide charges