MADISON, Wis. - The Capital City Trail at Monona Terrace will be closed for two weeks as crews work to remove the big bags of sand on the trail, according to alder Mike Verveer’s blog.
The trail will be closed starting at 9 a.m., and trail users will have to walk their bikes around the work zone, officials said.
Heavy equipment will be lifting the filled bags of sand onto trailers pulled by large trucks, according to the blog post. The filled bags will be reused to construct a temporary berm required for another city project.
Work will be completed in two phases – the south end will be completed first, and then the north end, officials said. City crews expect the work to take two weeks to complete.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- 'It's like Christmas Day': Team announces name for first pro soccer club in Madison
- Medical Examiner identifies man killed in hit-and-run crash
- UW–Madison professor under investigation for sexual harassment retires
- Milwaukee grad of Brown University among US Rhodes scholars
- Job center bringing opportunities to Wisconsin inmates
- Navy commissions USS Sioux City into service