MADISON, Wis. - Republican challenger Paul Nehlen's twitter account was suspended Sunday following a series of controversial tweets regarding Meghan Markle.
Nehlen posted the original tweet Friday which featured a picture of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
However, in the tweet, Nehlen replaced Markle's face with a photo of Cheddar Man, an ancient man rendered from the DNA of a fossil found in the village of Cheddar in southwest England.
The tweet drew attention, to which Nehlen responded Sunday morning.
"Publishing an article *disappearing whites* or *dispossessing whites* of their homelands is wrong; made worse when claiming “science” to “prove” whites never existed. I made a joke of it. It's not a laughing matter, so I chose to laugh about it," Nehlen said in the tweet.
Nehlen's twitter account has since been suspended.
The far-right activist hopes to challenge Paul Ryan for his congressional seat.
- Woman charged in 3 infant deaths from the '80s, says she 'can't take kids that constantly cry'
- Sun Prairie High wants to end "demeaning" student ranking tradition
- Janesville man admits to setting his own home on fire
- Man who shot woman on interstate petitions for release from mental institution
- Milwaukee man gets life without parole in triple-homicide
- Some Wisconsin residents still stranded by high waters