MADISON, Wis. - A restaurant on South Park Street has agreed to make some changes to promote safer late-night services, according to a blog post by Alder Sara Eskrich.
La Hacienda, at 515 S. Park St. will be installing security cameras inside and outside the restaurant, and will start closing at 2 a.m. instead of 4 a.m., Eskrich said. The changes will start May 25 and go through a reassessment in the fall to see if the changes address the issues.
Neighbors had expressed concern over the business’s late-night hours contributing to an increase in crime in the area.
According to the blog, if there are any significant police incidents before May 25, the restaurant has agreed to adjust its hours immediately.
“I greatly appreciate neighbors and La Hacienda coming together to discuss these challenges and work to find solutions,” Eskrich said.
'Be vigilant': Security expert warns UnityPoint Health patients after major security breach
Dane County Habitat for Humanity dedicates Sun Prairie home
- 'Be vigilant': Security expert warns UnityPoint Health patients after major security breach
- Dane County Habitat for Humanity dedicates Sun Prairie home
- Construction workers killed on the job remembered in Madison
- Police suspect Rockford woman killed by ex-boyfriend
- Green Bay Packers draft Louisville CB Jaire Alexander in first round of NFL Draft
- Pilot program helps students build confidence by reading to kittens