MAZOMANIE, Wis. - Construction crews have begun work on the U.S. Highway 14 viaduct and the Wolf Run Trail, which runs below the overpass.
August floods damaged the overpass and washed out the trail which runs beneath. The work will include adding protection for a bridge pier and restoring the embankment.
The bridge will remain open to traffic during construction, which is expected to be completed by mid-December and cost $680,000.
- Snow expected Friday night, Saturday morning in southern Wisconsin
- Local firefighters union files formal charges against Verona Fire Department leadership
- 'You folks rescued us': Sun Prairie fire chief, mayor address town 4 months after explosion
- 1 person taken to hospital, 11 displaced after fire at Madison apartment building
- 25-year-old man transported to hospital after shooting on Madison's north side, police say
- History professor reacts to controversial Nazi salute photo: 'I guess it's a lesson learned'