TOWN OF ARMENIA, Wis. - Multiple people were displaced in a structure fire Sunday night in northern Juneau County, according to the American Red Cross.
The Armenia Fire Department said a mobile home fire was reported to the Juneau County Sheriff's Office at 7:35 p.m. on 10th Street. The address is near Petenwell Lake, north of Necedah.
Fire Chief Brian Schauer said it was reported that the fire started in the area of the wood stove in the home.
Six adults and one child were able to get out of the burning home, the report said. Two adults were taken by ambulance to Marshfield Hospital.
The house and a garage were destroyed in the fire, Schauer said. Another out-building was also damaged.
American Red Cross spokeswoman Barbara Behling told News 3 said Red Cross crews are assisting the displaced residents.
- 2018 Major League Quidditch Championship to be held in Middleton
- Traffic stop leads to OWI, drug arrests, police say
- Drunken driver goes through red light, hits pregnant driver, police say
- 2 arrested after physical fight involving knife, police say
- Bookstore hosts online fundraiser for Wisconsin School Music Association
- Packers activate Rodgers from injured reserve