RACINE, Wis. - A 6-month-old puppy was found with her ears nearly severed Monday in Racine County, reports say.
The dog, Molly, was seen wandering near Sanders Park, and a woman pulled over to bring her to the Wisconsin Humane Society's Racine campus to care for her ears, which had rubber bands tied tightly around them.
Molly's care will likely exceed $1,500, according to the Wisconsin Humane Society.
The dog had surgery on her ears Tuesday. She will have another procedure Wednesday.
- March for Our Lives tour pushes voter registration
- Second teen arrested after shooting in Sun Prairie Wednesday night
- Neighborhood watch members say Raymond Road standoff makes community look bad
- Parkland students march to Paul Ryan's office, team up with Wisconsin teens for rally
- UW students face concerns about phishing scam emails
- Man faces additional charges after 2 weeks on run