OSHKOSH,Wis. - Oshkosh police have arrested a 75-year-old YMCA employee on suspicion of first-degree sexual assault of a child and false imprisonment.
WBAY-TV reports the man was taken into custody Thursday night. He was fired by the YMCA.
Formal charges are expected next week.
Police say the man worked for the YMCA for several years, most recently in the drop-off day care center at the YMCA on W. 20th Ave.
Police began investigating a report of "inappropriate conduct" between the employee and a child Wednesday morning.
Investigators say they want to hear from any parent who thinks their child might have been a victim.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Deputies look for gas station robber wearing Packers hat
- Madison police look for armed robber who stole car keys, forced victim to sell phone for money
- Businesses hopeful of transformation on top of State Street
- Highway 18 reopens after fire at Giovanni's in Cambridge
- UW Hospital event helps participants deal with grief during holidays
- Neighbor says he's glad stray bullets didn't hit his home during shooting at Visions nightclub