MADISON, Wis. - Princeton Club announced they have purchased Gold's Gym in Fitchburg.
Prince Club CEO Dave Gerry said the acquisition has been in the works for a year.
"Gold's wanted to exit the Madison, Wisconsin market and my team wanted to help them with the transition," Gerry said.
President of Princeton Clubs Andy Haugen added buying Fitchburg's Gold's Gym makes a lot of sense, and it gives Princeton Club members access to a new gym.
Gerry started Princeton Club on Madison's eastside in 1987. Since then, it has grown to 40,000 members, and worth over $65 million.
This is the second time since 1998 that Princeton Club has acquired a Gold's Gym.
- Donation centers hope for spring cleaning spike, amid questions about new charitable tax deduction
- Police address increased police activity surrounding new homeless shelter
- Man accused of assaulting Beaver Dam police officer receives maximum prison sentence
- Lawyers for Marine call 18-year-old Janesville serviceman's stabbing an accident
- Developing winter storm could hit southwestern Wisconsin Friday night
- Sheriff: Hoax call reporting shooting, hostage situation shut down highway