Officials from Portillo's announced that its newest location will be at 4505 East Towne Blvd. in Madison.
According to a release, the Madison Portillo's will be the third Wisconsin restaurant, the other two being in Brookfield and Greenfield.
The restaurant will feature a diner-theme interior with décor from the 1950s and 1960s.
According to the release, the restaurant will be 9,000-square feet, which will allow seating for more than 200 guests, a seasonal outdoor patio and a double-lane drive-thru.
“Portillo’s has enjoyed such a warm welcome to Wisconsin,” CEO Keith Kinsey said. “Madison’s exciting culture and university setting made the city a logical next stop for our brand’s expansion. We look forward to continue our growth throughout the state.”
Portillo's features Chicago-style favorites such as Chicago-style hot dogs, Italian beef sandwiches and its famous chocolate cake.
- Farmers pour time, money and aspirations into hemp with harvest season underway
- Survey: 37% of Madison College students experience food insecurity
- Man accused of killing his wife 30 years ago heads to trial
- Sheriff says missing 13-year-old girl is in danger, dismisses Miami tip
- Brewers to play Dodgers for Game 4 of NLCS at Dodger Stadium
- Teen intruders fire gun fleeing condo complex, police say