CABLE, Wis. - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker kicked off the 52nd annual Governor's Fishing Opener by catching two walleye.
Walker was in Cable on Saturday for the event on Lake Namekagon.
Walker says fishing is a time-honored tradition and tourism attraction in Wisconsin that draws hundreds of thousands of anglers from outside the state every year.
Walker says more than 193,000 jobs in Wisconsin depend on tourism.
- Gov. Walker tax cut, Lincoln Hills closure plan in jeopardy
- State Assembly passes several bills late into the night, adjourns for year
- Assembly passes Kimberly-Clark incentives
- Assembly passes bill targeted assaulted teachers
- Drunken driving bill passes Assembly
- Assembly passes money for prosecutors, prison