MADISON, Wis - U.S. Attorney Scott Blader's office says the investigation into alleged misconduct at the Lincoln Hills juvenile prison in northern Wisconsin is continuing.
The comment Wednesday comes after Republican state Sen. Van Wanggaard said Wednesday the Federal Bureau of Investigation told him in December it had concluded its probe of the prison in Irma, north of Wausau.
The U.S. Attorney's Office for western Wisconsin said only that the investigation was continuing. The one-sentence statement did not say who was investigating.
Gov. Scott Walker's spokeswoman Amy Hasenberg says the governor has not been notified that the FBI investigation was completed.
A Senate committee Wanggaard chairs on Wednesday approved a scaled-back juvenile prison overhaul bill that would close the Lincoln Hills prison by 2021. Unlike the Assembly bill, it doesn't say what would replace it.
- Republican Steil says he raised $250,000 in days
- Foxconn official promises news soon at Pence Wisconsin forum
- Pence to join with Walker, Foxconn executive at forum
- State grapples with allowing bitcoin campaign donations
- City attorney to prosecute Sen. Taylor on suspicion of disorderly conduct
- Wisconsin Ethics Commission to consider bitcoin policy