MADISON, Wis. - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin, of Wisconsin, is calling for fellow Democratic Sen. Al Franken, of neighboring Minnesota, to resign.
Baldwin joined with other female Democratic senators Wednesday in calling for Franken to step down. Their demands for his resignation came after the two-term senator faced a fresh allegation that he forcibly tried to kiss a woman in 2006. He's also facing other allegations that he groped women.
Baldwin says on Twitter, "I believe it is best for Senator Franken to resign."
She had previously said she supported a Senate ethics investigation into his behavior.
Franken’s office said he will make an announcement Thursday, according to WCCO-TV.
- Walker's reinsurance bill, $7 million marketing plan up
- State elections officials prepare for bad weather
- Republican announces Secretary of State run
- Republican lawmaker proposes guns in private schools
- Wisconsin Legislature to vote on reinsurance, tax cuts
- Wisconsin Supreme Court candidates do last-minute campaigning before primary