WASHINGTON - A congressman from Wisconsin has called for Secretary of State Mike Pompeo's salary to be withheld until EU Ambassador Gordon Sondland is allowed to testify in the impeachment inquiry against President Donald Trump, according to a report by The Hill.
Rep. Mark Pocan (D-Wis.) sent a letter to Pompeo on Tuesday saying the law allows Congress to withhold compensation if a federal official prevents another government employee from communicating with "any Member, committee, or subcommittee of the Congress."
The State Department blocked Sondland from testifying in his scheduled House deposition on Tuesday.
In his letter, Pocan referred to a piece of legislature signed by Trump himself earlier this year.
- Republican Johnson says Democrats 'loathe' Trump
- Wausau school board president running for Congress
- Report details violent weekend at juvenile prison
- Wisconsin DNR: Trump administration's proposed rewrite of lead contamination rules not good enough
- Election security council to hold first public meeting
- Ron Johnson's spokesman won't run for Congress