MADISON, Wis. - A Republican state senator is calling for the resignations of top officials at the Wisconsin ethics and elections commissions.
The call from Republican Sen. Steve Nass comes in reaction to a report from Attorney General Brad Schimel. His report lays blame with the former Government Accountability Board for its handling of a secret investigation into Gov. Scott Walker.
The GAB was disbanded by the Republican Legislature in reaction to the John Doe investigation in 2015 and replaced with separate commissions on elections and ethics.
Nass is seeking resignations of the directors and chief attorneys at each of the agencies. He says anyone associated with the former GAB is unfit to serve in the new commissions.
Spokesman for the commission did not immediately return messages seeking comment.
- Republican Senate candidates sniping over NRA mailer
- Elections head surprised by resignation call
- Speaker Ryan retiring in 2018 is ‘pure speculation,' spokesperson says
- School funding task force faces challenges
- Democratic Senate head open to releasing harassment details
- Foxconn plant may get $140M electricity project