TOWN OF REEDSBURG, Wis. - State Rep. Ed Brooks, R-Town of Reedsburg, announced Monday that he will not seek re-election to a sixth term to represent the 50th Assembly District.
The 75-year-old Town of Reedsburg Republican said that he needs to concentrate on keeping his leukemia in remission.
"I’ve been humbled and honored to represent the good citizens from the best assembly district in Wisconsin for 10 years,” Brooks said in the release. “All I can say to describe my experience is that it has been awesome!”
Brooks is the 13th legislator and the 10th Republican to decide not to seek re-election this year.
Brooks worked in the state Legislature for 10 years.
- Bon Iver manager drops out of Wisconsin US House race
- Elections panel agrees to make overseas ballot changes
- Elections commission outlines security spending plan
- Koch Brothers running ads in Wisconsin for Rep. Grothman
- Milwaukee legislator calls it quits
- State GOP launches radio ad for Vukmir, Nicholson files