MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee police have identified two adults and a toddler who died when their car crashed into a river while being chased by officers who suspected they were involved in two armed robberies.
Police say the victims of Monday night's crash were 19-year-old Shannon Nehmer, her 2-year-old daughter, Annamelia Hernandez, and 29-year-old Charles Barefield. Police said Wednesday officers started chasing their car, a black Chevy Trailblazer, because it matched the description of a car used in two separate armed robberies earlier in the evening.
Police say another man is suspected to have been involved in the robberies but he was not in the Chevy during the pursuit. He's been detained and charges are pending.
Police say the victims told officers two men and a woman robbed them at gunpoint. Police say they have the gun used in the robberies.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Judge gives maximum sentence to final man convicted in murder of 5-year-old Beloit boy
- Fitchburg Days canceled indefinitely
- Fire burns through roof of Cottage Grove home
- Bank robbery ringleader sentenced to 22 years in federal prison
- Man could see 40 years in prison for downloading child porn videos, indictment says
- Spring comes to screeching halt Saturday with rain, snow possible