SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. - A Sun Prairie man was arrested on suspicion of a sixth offense OWI on Sunday night.
According to a news release from the Sun Prairie Police Department, an officer saw a vehicle being driven recklessly in a Walmart parking lot at 9:27 p.m.
The officer identified the driver as Jimmy Chaney, 38, of Sun Prairie.
Police said it was revealed through a records check that Chaney did not have a valid driver's license. A traffic stop was made once Chaney's car left the parking lot.
Chaney drove to the BP gas station on 1705 West Main St. while pulling over and struck a cement post that was in front of the gas pumps. The post did not sustain significant damage, but Chaney's vehicle had damage as a result.
Chaney was taken to the Dane County Jail on the felony OWI charge and a probation hold.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Madison police: Report of shots fired off Beltline near Seminole Highway
Sheriff: 13-year-old on GPS monitoring was driver in high-speed chase that ended in Columbia County
- Sheriff: 13-year-old on GPS monitoring was driver in high-speed chase that ended in Columbia County
- Police: Janesville man who drove on curbs, damaged public property arrested for 8th OWI
- DNC delegations won't stay in Madison, but party chair says visitors will
- Fennimore man faces 3 charges of sexual assault involving 3 children
- Dane County uses snow plow simulator to prepare drivers for winter
- Dane County Medical Examiner identifies Madison's first homicide victim of 2019