FITCHBURG, Wis. - Police searched a heavily residential neighborhood Saturday night after an armed holdup in Fitchburg but have not been able to locate the robber.
Dane County dispatchers say the call came in just after 8 p.m. Saturday for reports of an armed robbery in the 5500 block of Longford Terrace in Fitchburg.
Officers discovered a landscape worker had been approached by the robber in the driveway of a residence. The robber displayed a firearm and demanded money, the Fitchburg Police Department said.
The victim was then forced to the backyard of the home and the robber fled in an unknown direction.
The Fitchburg Police Department describes the suspect as a 5-foot-6 to 5-foot-8 black man around 17 or 18 years old. He was wearing all black with a black scarf on his face.
Authorities sent a K-9 unit to search for him, but he was not found. The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Fitchburg Police Department at 608-270-4300 or Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.
- Missing Bellevue teen found safe
- City of Madison looking for input on James Madison Park improvements
- Father: Marine fatally stabbed at base is Rock County man
- Michael Johnson says soon-to-be-closed Sam's Club should be donated to Boys and Girls Club
- Man charged for breaking into home, beating elderly woman to have competency hearing
- Proposed grant would help farmers harvest and package leftover crops for hungry families