MADISON, Wis. - Madison police arrested a sex offender who was running naked through back yards on the west side Saturday evening, according to a police report.
Officers responded to East Valley Ridge Drive around 7:45 p.m. after several callers reported a naked man running through their yards. The 54-year-old man told officers he was using crack cocaine and had to run out of his home because he thought there was a bomb inside, according to the police report.
The man is an active sex offender registrant with a GPS bracelet. His name has not yet been released.
Drunken driver who struck, killed 24-year-old pedestrian sentenced to 10 years in prison
Police: East Towne bank robbery could be related to others in area
- Parent writes 'gun' on cardboard, gets into Madison classroom
- Drunken driver who struck, killed 24-year-old pedestrian sentenced to 10 years in prison
- Police: East Towne bank robbery could be related to others in area
- Rain, snow, sleet, freezing rain all possible Thursday night
- Officers, K-9 search for masked bank robber in Madison
- Caretaker charged in death of disabled girl in Milwaukee