MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man has been arrested for allegedly driving while drunk with open cans of beer in his car, according to Madison police.
MPD said in an incident report that Julian L. Freeman, 40, was arrested Saturday afternoon after a witness reported suspicious behavior. Another driver on the road was concerned about Freeman's driving and followed Freeman's car while calling 911.
The witness told police the driver was weaving in and out of his lane, nearly colliding with oncoming traffic.
The incident report said Freeman was driving down South Fair Oaks Avenue and Milwaukee Street on Madison's Eastside. Freeman was arrested on Milwaukee Street in a parking lot.
When officers arrested Freeman, they reportedly found open cans of beer in the car.
Freeman was arrested on charges of operating while intoxicated for a second offense, open intoxicants in a motor vehicle and operating with a revoked license.
- Pride Parade marches on without police participation
- Motorcycle was speeding before crash on East Washington Ave., police say
- Police: 21-year-old man fatally shot in Milwaukee
- Torso, leg found in Mississippi River in southeast Minnesota
- GoFundMe page created in honor of Town of Madison officer
- Police: Fight involving 30 people reported on Madison's west side