MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man has been arrested for allegedly driving while drunk with open cans of beer in his car, according to Madison police.
MPD said in an incident report that Julian L. Freeman, 40, was arrested Saturday afternoon after a witness reported suspicious behavior. Another driver on the road was concerned about Freeman's driving and followed Freeman's car while calling 911.
The witness told police the driver was weaving in and out of his lane, nearly colliding with oncoming traffic.
The incident report said Freeman was driving down South Fair Oaks Avenue and Milwaukee Street on Madison's Eastside. Freeman was arrested on Milwaukee Street in a parking lot.
When officers arrested Freeman, they reportedly found open cans of beer in the car.
Freeman was arrested on charges of operating while intoxicated for a second offense, open intoxicants in a motor vehicle and operating with a revoked license.
- Dennis Prager speaks on UW campus
- Students host kickball tournament to raise funds for K-9 Riko's surgery
- Controlled burn leads to structure fire causing $30,000 in damage
- Michigan township to sell Marquette cross after complaints
- Pinwheels for Prevention highlights child abuse, neglect in Rock County
- Winona man sentenced in 3-year-old daughter's death