MADISON, Wis. - Police found and arrested the man they suspect was involved in a stabbing at James Madison Park on Thursday.
Alonzo Washington, 51, was arrested on a charge of substantial battery. Washington is currently at the Dane County Jail.
According to the incident report, Madison police were sent to 500 E. Gorham St. near James Madison Park at 5:01 p.m. after receiving a report of a stabbing.
The 44-year-old male victim suffered a non-life-threatening stab wound after fighting with a known associate. The victim was later taken to a hospital.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- City of Madison declares racism a public health crisis
- Suspect shoots man in ear outside Walmart parking lot, arrested at Wisconsin hospital
- ‘We look forward to becoming good neighbors': Workforce housing complex approved in Middleton
- Father of Sandy Hook victim who sued conspiracy theorist awarded $450,000
- Elderly veteran still missing after August disappearance
- Rock County girl dedicates her 10th birthday to raising money for sheriff's K-9 unit