MADISON, Wis. - An armed robber stole an undisclosed amount of cash from the Dollar Tree on Whitney Way, according to police.
The man entered the store, approached the manager, showed his handgun and ordered the manager to open the safe, police said.
The manager complied, and the robber left the store on foot with an undisclosed amount of cash, according to a news release.
A K-9 track lead to a parking lot south of Odana Road and indicated the suspect left in a waiting vehicle, officials said.
The robber is described as a black man, approximately 5 feet 8 inches tall, with a heavy build and dressed in all black, officials said.
There are no reported injuries. The investigation is ongoing, according to officials.
Sheriff: Hoax call reporting shooting, hostage situation shut down highway
Beloit Turner voters to consider $26.8M referendum on April ballot
- Sheriff: Hoax call reporting shooting, hostage situation shut down highway
- Beloit Turner voters to consider $26.8M referendum on April ballot
- Dump truck driver dumps dirt, rocks into traffic during police pursuit, sheriff says
- Woman reported missing from Janesville found safe, officials say
- Man accused of attacking 2 women near UW-Madison pleads not guilty to new charges
- About 70 treated after air quality forces school evacuation