OREGON, Wis. - Seventeen firearms were stolen during a burglary early Wednesday morning at an Oregon gun shop, according to a Facebook post from the police department.
Dane County dispatch told News 3 a burglar alarm went off at Max Creek Outdoors gun shop at 3:27 a.m.
Officials said crews were dispatched to the store at 1042 Park St., where they set up a perimeter. No one was at the store when officers arrived, but surveillance video shows the burglar got in through the ventilation system and got out with the guns within two minutes, police said. No ammunition is believed to have been taken at this point.
Oregon police said a silencer and an undisclosed amount of cash were also taken.
Officials said there is video of the person involved but they are completely covered. Police plan to release the video as soon as it is available.
Oregon police are working with local law enforcement departments and the ATF as part of the investigation.
- Police look for suspect in attempted Subway robbery
- Call for Action: Woman whose mother was murdered loses money to dating agency
- 'You're not going to see six months here:' DOT updates Sun Prairie residents on rebuilding downtown
- Madison man competes in Hemingway look-alike competition
- ‘This is a community that doesn't just sit back': Suicides prompt Mt. Horeb public meeting
- MMSD committee looks to change police officer presence in schools