PORTLAND, Ore. - Police in Portland, Oregon, have identified a 41-year-old man as the pedestrian who was struck and killed last week while attempting to walk across Interstate 5.
The Oregonian/OregonLive reports Eric M. Tomlinson was killed Thursday about 6:48 p.m. on I-5 southbound, police said.
Officers say Tomlinson had a Wisconsin driver's license. According to public records, in January he provided a Northwest Portland homeless shelter as his address.
Tomlinson was reportedly trying to cross the freeway near the Fremont Bridge when he was hit by a semi-truck.
The truck driver stayed at the scene and cooperated with police investigators.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- PFC names Wahl official acting chief as search for permanent replacement begins
- Texas man suspected of killing girlfriend, infant daughter who moved from Wisconsin to be with him
- Schoep's Ice Cream Co. files for receivership
- City leaders address pedestrian safety on the isthmus
- Darlington police chief who was forgotten for the last 86 years to be honored for line-of-duty death
- Sun Prairie cutting down voter wait time by doubling up on polling places