BARRON, Wis. - Officials have issued an Amber Alert for a 13-year-old girl who is missing from a residence and whose parents were found dead overnight Sunday.
The Barron County Sheriff’s Department received a call just before 1 a.m. Monday from someone asking for help at 1268 Highway 8, according to a release. The parents, 56-year-old James Closs and 46-year-old Denise Closs, were found dead, officials said.
When deputies arrived, they found two dead adults, officials said. Jayme Closs is considered in danger and is not a suspect in her married parents' deaths, the sheriff said.
Jayme is described as 5 feet tall, 100 pounds, with green eyes and blond or strawberry blond hair, officials said. The Wisconsin Department of Justice issued an Amber Alert for Closs around 3:30 p.m. Monday.
Anyone with information about her possible whereabouts is asked to contact the Barron County Sheriff’s Department at 715-537-3106.
Watertown man found guilty of sexually assaulting child
Fitchburg police encourage residents to lock up belongings after string of burglaries
- Fitchburg police encourage residents to lock up belongings after string of burglaries
- How the Hillsboro Dam affected flooding in Sauk County
- 'It's very nerve-wracking': Parents hope safety improvements at busy intersection continue
- Wisconsin woman gets 9 months in jail for harming her baby
- Employee accused of threatening Menards distribution center in western Wisconsin
- Evidence at scene connects Middleton man to armed robbery at salon, police say