MADISON, Wis. - A 55-year-old man is in custody after Madison Police say he tried stealing $500 worth of candy.
Officers were called out to the 3300 block of Milwaukee Street around 11:15 p.m. Neighbors in that area near the intersection of Milwaukee Street and Stoughton Road called in with reports of a man breaking into a car.
Police found a man matching the suspect description about a mile away, carrying a garbage can. Inside the trash can, officers found $500 worth of candy that had been taken from the car, which is owned by a candy distributor.
The man was arrested and taken to the Dane County Jail.
Police: Woman shot in DeForest, man in custody Friday night
Dog's bark alerts owners to suspicious men outside home
- Police: Woman shot in DeForest, man in custody Friday night
- Dog's bark alerts owners to suspicious men outside home
- Student arrested, accused of making threats against Columbus High School
- UW-Madison Athletic Board to raise student ticket prices
- Local Dreamer concerned as DACA deadline approaches
- Dodgeville police issue arrest warrant for Kwik Trip armed robbery suspect