MILWAUKEE (AP) -- Milwaukee police say 3-year-old child who was riding in a vehicle with her mother and three siblings was fatally shot in a road rage incident on the city's north side.
The Journal Sentinel reports a suspect was arrested following the Saturday morning shooting.
Police say the shooting occurred after a near-collision around 8:30 a.m. near North 42nd Street and West Concordia Avenue.
The other children in the car were 1, 2 and 4 years old. Police did not identify the victim or the suspect.
Police say the suspect initially fled the scene, was pursued by police and crashed his car. He fled on foot but was apprehended.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Officers won't be charged in high-speed I-39 crash that killed suspected kidnapper, his brother
- MPD: Motel guest opens door to find stranger with gun; other guests have purse, wallet stolen
- Drunken driver crashes into Beaver Dam school causing estimated $100K in damage, officials say
- Fire likely ignited by discarded cigarettes causes $50,000 in vehicle damage
- Lyft, MGE offer financial support to increase electric vehicle ride-sharing in Madison
- Board considers $5.7 million homicide claim in private