FORT ATKINSON, Wis. - A plane crashed near the Fort Atkinson Municipal Airport on Monday morning.
According to a news release from the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office, deputies responded to a single plane crash north of the airport at 11:56 a.m.
When authorities arrived to the scene, deputies spoke with the pilot, who did not suffer any injuries and was the only one inside the plane.
The pilot said the plane had engine failure during takeoff and tried returning to the airport. Unable to make it back, he instead landed the plane in a field.
The Federal Aviation Administration was contacted regarding the incident, and the investigation of which has since been turned over to them.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Middleton Police Chief receives Hometown Hero Award
Mineral Point woman allegedly beaten by subcontractor after she refused to pay for incomplete job
- Mineral Point woman allegedly beaten by subcontractor after she refused to pay for incomplete job
- Local girl pays it forward with heartfelt donation
- 'They're in there helping the little guy': Janesville farmer explains how Farm Aid 2019 helps him
- 4 children, 1 woman injured when car hit horse and buggy
- Lodi Police Department names new chief, addresses plans for department
- Funeral set for Milwaukee officer, hit by driver in 2017