ROSENDALE, Wis. - A 70-year-old Suamico man who crashed a small plane in a Fond du Lac County farm field suffered only minor injuries.
The sheriff's office says pilot Gary Dornfeld told authorities that he lost control of the fixed wing single-engine plane in turbulent air Monday afternoon and tried to make an emergency landing near the town of Rosendale.
The plane ended up upside-down and suffered significant damage. Dornfeld got out on his own and was taken to a medical center for treatment of minor injuries.
The sheriff's office, Federal Aviation Administration and National Transportation Safety Board are investigating the crash.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Dispatch confirms traffic crash at Whitney Way and Raymond Rd.
- Former Packers running back Cedric Benson dies in overnight motorcycle crash
- Former homicide convict seeks $5.7 million in compensation
- 12-year-old Milwaukee girl shot when bullets strike home
- Portable fire pit leads to Madison house fire
- Missing Middleton man found safe