MADISON, Wis. - Hubbard Avenue Diner announced Thursday that it will start offering pie tacos in store on April 12.
There will be four different flavors available: apple, cherry, French silk and key lime pie. According to a Facebook post, the taco shell consists of a baked pie crust.
Each of the pie tacos has the same flavors as its designated pie. Apple has a streusel topping, cherry has pieces of a sugared lattice crust on top, French silk has whipped cream and chocolate flakes and key lime has whipped cream and lime zest on top.
Hubbard Avenue Diner staff said that while the pie tacos seem like they would be messy, they hold together really well.
- Report: Madison police chief's nephew sentenced to 18 months probation after scuffle with police
- Calming the storm inside: How a child recovered emotionally after a tornado destroyed his home
- Wisconsin National Guard troops heading to Arizona to bolster border security
- Retired Beloit Police Department K-9 Nick dies
- Police apply tourniquet to man's arm after he put it through a window
- 'Supreme Court decided not to decide' in redistricting case, says UW political science professor