ARLINGTON, Wis. - A person was found dead in a van in Columbia County early Tuesday, according to a news release.
The Wisconsin State Patrol said a trooper stopped at 5:58 a.m. on Interstate 39/90/94 near Highway 60 in Columbia County to check a Kia Sedona minivan stopped on the shoulder.
The trooper found the lone male occupant deceased in the van, according the release.
Arlington EMS, the Columbia County Sheriffs Department and Blystone’s Towing assisted at the scene, along with the Columbia County Medical Examiner's Office.
The incident remains under investigation by the Columbia County Medical Examiner's Office and the Wisconsin State Patrol. The name of the deceased was withheld Tuesday morning pending notification of family, officials said.
- Deadly crash in Sun Prairie blamed on drunk driver
- Body of missing Waupaca County boy found
- ‘We can make change now': How polar bears are helping zoo staff teach about climate change
- Star Liquor back in business after abrupt spring closure
- Sen. Tammy Baldwin and challenger Leah Vukmir face off in second debate this week
- A few snowflakes possible tonight