JANESVILLE, Wis. - The Perkins restaurant in Janesville is closing.
A sign was posted on the door of the restaurant Monday morning.
The rumors are true- as of this morning, the Perkins on Milton Ave. in Janesville is permanently closed.— Adam Duxter (@News3Adam) August 5, 2019
Janesvile Economic Development Director Gale Price said the city was given no warning this would happen, and that he believes 50-80 people are now out of a job. #News3Now pic.twitter.com/z9Gz52I2DM
Perkins & Marie Callender's LLC, the company that owns the restaurant chain, has filed for Chapter 11 protection from creditors in Delaware. The company currently owns its lenders more than $100 million, according to Bloomberg.
This is the second bankruptcy filing for the chain, which cleared its last round of court protecting in 2011.
According to Bloomberg, Perkins & Marie Callender's owns and operates more than 400 restaurants, most of them Perkins, in the United States, Canada and Mexico.
The Perkins in Janesville is located at 3315 Milton Avenue.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Wisconsin girl receives royal treatment with Make-A-Wish
- Woman says light, sound therapy took the pain away from husband who lost battle with cancer
- Sauk County reports increase in pocket dial 911 calls from amusement parks
- One dead, three injured in fatal Monroe County crash
- Sauk Prairie police searching for culprit involved in string of crimes
- Hearing waived in case tied to disappearance of Wisconsin brothers