MADISON, Wis. - A man suffered life-threatening injuries after he was hit by a vehicle on Madison's north side Thursday night.
The 60-year-old man was walking along the 1700 block of Northport Drive around 10 p.m., according to Joel DeSpain, a spokesperson for the Madison Police Department.
Several drivers stopped when they spotted the man's body in the road. He was taken to the hospital with internal bleeding, a ruptured aorta and head trauma, DeSpain said.
Officers are reviewing surveillance cameras hoping to develop a description of the involved vehicle.
Anyone with information on this crash is asked to contact Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Equipment considered total loss after overnight fire at Montrose farm
'Doing nothing's not an option': State legislators and gun control activists rally for change
- 'Doing nothing's not an option': State legislators and gun control activists rally for change
- Family displaced after apartment fire in Madison
- Middleton man arrested on sixth drunken driving charge
- Verona Parks Board approves Jesus Lunch event
- DeForest man charged with 5 counts of receiving child pornography
- Second Harvest Foodbank receives grant for Beloit school pantry