BLANCHARDVILLE, Wis. - The Pecatonica Area School District responded to a controversial float that was in Saturday's homecoming parade.
A statement from the school district's official Facebook page said the school "strongly condemns" the float and what was displayed.
Alumni from the Class of 2004 designed the float, which had "Trump needs a wall to deal with the Southwestern crew" written on its side.
Atop the float was a fence meant to represent a wall. Alumni dressed in sombreros and ponchos stood on one side of this fence.
The school district said no current students were involved with the float's design, and that the float does not represent the students, staff or school itself.
The post added that the parade is not sponsored by the school but rather the alumni association.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Crews battling fire at Madison Mallards stadium
- How to find affordable groceries in Madison area
- Wisconsin Science Festival is back with clean water theme
- Dane County District Attorney announces reelection campaign, addresses reformative justice
- UW marching band to perform at Packers/Raiders game
- Wisconsin BASE jumper who got stuck in cables arrested on suspicion of trespassing