APPLETON, Wis. - Appleton International Airport says passengers on board a Delta SkyWest flight from Minneapolis-St. Paul safely got off the plane after a carry-on suitcase began smoking in the cabin.
The Greenville Fire Department and the airport's public safety staff responded to the SkyWest plane after it landed at the Appleton airport about 8:45 p.m. Sunday. The airport says the suitcase began smoking after the plane landed. All passengers left the plane using the stairs.
SkyWest says the cause of the smoke has been attributed to a customer's electronic device. There were no injuries.
- Former Wisconsin attorney general La Follette dies at 82
- Hidden camera found in Racine County gymnastics center bathroom
- Fired deputy faces up to 40 years in child porn case with ties to Wisconsin
- $20M Democratic ad buy targets 4 states key to redistricting
- Pit bull that bit 3-year-old to be euthanized, police say
- Madison East High School will represent Wisconsin in national culinary competition