DANE COUNTY - Drivers who take County M in Dane County will see part of the road closed for a construction project.
Starting next week, sections of County M, between the two communities, will be restricted as crews work to resurface the highway.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation says starting Sept. 16 to Friday, Oct. 4 the area impacted is County M from Fish Hatchery Road (County D), south of Fitchburg to County MM in Oregon.
Then Monday, Oct. 7 to Friday, Oct. 25, the area impacted is County M between Fish Hatchery Road and Thousand Oaks Trail, east of County PB near Verona.
Through traffic will need to use alternate routes until late October, such as Verona Road and the Madison Beltline, according to the DOT.
Drivers are asked to plan ahead, allow additional travel time and proceed with caution in the work zone.
Access will be maintained to area businesses and homes within project limits, DOT officials said.
All work operations and restrictions are weather dependent and scheduled to change, according to the DOT.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- 87-year-old man dies after head-on crash in Town of Burke
- The Ride event in Madison canceled due to poor weather
- Highway 14 open after Rock County crash
- Man breaks leg, requires surgery following hit-and-run in Madison
- 15-year-old Madison teen crashes car into tree, arrested for OWI
- Pecatonica Area School District responds to controversial float in homecoming parade