FITCHBURG, Wis. - Orange barrels have returned as construction continues along Verona Road in Fitchburg, according to a news release from the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.
Construction is anticipated to begin next week for the Verona Road project, according to the release.
The Verona Road project consists of the reconstruction and expansion of Verona Road from Raymond Road to McKee Road and the building of interchanges at Williamsburg Way and McKee Road.
In advance of the traffic switch later this spring, crews will complete temporary widening at the McKee Road and Williamsburg Way intersections. Nighttime grading and paving operations are expected in these areas.
Two lanes will remain open to traffic in each direction on Verona Road and McKee Road, especially during peak travel times. Nighttime single lane closures will occur on Verona Road in this area between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. Monday through Friday. Access remains open to area businesses and neighborhoods throughout construction.
This $29.6 million phase of construction is scheduled to be completed by summer 2019, weather permitting. The entire Verona Road project is currently scheduled to be completed in fall 2020.
- Man leads police on high-speed chase, injures 4 in hit-and-run crash
- Officials looking for trio in Wisconsin Lottery ticket robbery
- Milwaukee man dies in car crash, fire after shot fired
- Man arrested after grabbing woman's buttocks at bar, police say
- Milwaukee man shot, wounded during attempted robbery
- Milwaukee police investigate death of baby boy