We are huge supporters of the Foundation for Madison Public Schools despite our reservations at giving elected officials any additional motivation to reduce funding for the kinds of enrichment FMPS is not counted on to provide.
But such is the political climate in which we live and thus supporting our kids by supporting our schools becomes even more the work of citizens.
Citizens contribute to the Foundation for Madison Public Schools and that excellent organization provides grants to fund innovative project requests from school staffs.
This week the foundation awarded grants totaling over $80,000 to expand algebra and geometry tutoring for high school students, for healthy lifestyle practices at O'Keefe middle and Shabazz high schools, creating a maker space at Sennett Middle School and new sciences space at Allis Elementary to name a few.
Healthier, more engaged, high achieving kids: that's what FMPS is supporting thanks to you, the work of citizens.
- Madison officials responding to Chocolaterian structure fire
- Portage kindergartner needs help counting soda tabs to get Guinness record
- Suspect arrested after fire at group home that displaced 7
- Rock County Jail inmates teach and learn from dog
- Man arrested for pointing gun during drug deal, officials say
- Henry Vilas Zoo announces polar bear departure