MADISON, Wis. - Well, now the Madison Community Foundation is just having fun -- not that this whole 75th anniversary Year of Giving hasn’t been month after month of fun.
But for this month, month No. 7, MCF is announcing a gift of $65,000 to launch the first annual holiday lighting celebration for downtown Madison. Shine on Madison will light up the downtown from Nov. 18 to Jan. 7.
Basking in the glow will be downtown retailers, the 100-year history of the State Capitol we’re also celebrating this year, and our vibrant arts community.
But like every gift MCF has made so far this year, this one is for everybody. It’s a welcome invitation to anyone and everyone to come downtown and enjoy the holiday spirit, the free displays and the lights. We’re proud to partner with Madison Community Foundation in helping this city shine, much as MCF has done for 75 years.
- Gov. Walker pushes 'See Something, Say Something' campaign
- Shovelers needed at Lambeau Field
- Complaint: Beloit man bathes dog in boiling water
- Madison man facing drug, gun charges
- Video possibly shows big cat spotted outside Jefferson County school
- Former police officer charged with sexual assault of 3 children